The Taubman Museum Field Trip

Morgan Tobey, Contributor

The Taubman Museum of Arts is a museum full of culture, art, and more. It is located in the heart of downtown Roanoke. This museum has an abundant of different exhibits. The art is from different cultures and artists around the world.

On January 31, a group of students from Andrew Lewis and Ms. Mabry went to this abstract museum. 20 students went and all of them were from different grades. The students traveled to the museum to see an exclusive exhibit of antique cars and motorcycles. The exhibit included vehicles from the 1900s. The students went to see this exhibit because it tied into the creativity and technology that the Makerspace Lab represents. While at the museum they got t use their skills from Makerspace to participate in some activities at the museum. Most of the students on the field trip participate in the Makerspace lab so going on this educational field trip gave them opportunities to use their creativity.

While the students were there they toured the exhibit and learned all about the different cars and motorcycles that were there. Then the students got to do some fun activities while on their field trip. They were put in groups of two, one person was facing the car and had to describe the car to their partner so they could draw it. Lastly, they drew their fantasy car. Before leaving they made sure to take a group picture in front of a 1948 Tucker Torpedo.

The Taubman Museum of Arts is a museum complete with culture, art, and more. It is located in the center of downtown Roanoke. This museum has many different exhibits. The art is from different cultures and artists around the globe.

The Taubman Museum Field Trip