Morning Madness

Bailey Stratton, Contributor

The breakfast cart can be an awesome thing for some students, but can also be a bad thing for other students and teachers. The breakfast cart is a great opportunity for students who couldn’t grab breakfast before school to get a snack. But the breakfast cart has also had some negative effects on some other people.

The breakfast cart is very helpful to students who can’t grab breakfast before they leave for school. But the school also provides breakfast in the morning instead of going to the gym. Some students choose not to go to breakfast because they don’t have the time or decide to go to the gym, and get a snack off the breakfast cart on their way to class.

But the breakfast cart also has a negative effect on some people. The breakfast cart has an uncontrollable line that principals and teachers have tried to fix but they just can’t. The line has started to block students from being able to get to class on time, but not only is it preventing students who aren’t buying a snack from the breakfast cart it also prevents students who are buying a snack from the breakfast cart from getting to class on time. People also abuse being able to grab a snack and grab a ton of either the same or different snacks.  

In conclusion, the breakfast cart is a great thing for students and can help them get to lunch without being hungry throughout the day. The breakfast does have a few negative things about it but those can all be fixed. Students have plenty of time when they are let out of the gym to stop by the breakfast cart if it was relocated to the outside the fitness room or in the gym in the morning. If the breakfast carts were moved to a more convenient location, then all of these problems would be fixed.

Some students of Andrew Lewis Middle school like the breakfast cart while others don’t. When asked the students were able to say what they do and don’t like about the breakfast cart, and although all these people have lockers along the same hall, they all have differing opinions. Both Jayden and Ty’lere have lockers along the same hall that the breakfast cart is on and they both agree that the breakfast cart is helpful to them. Ty’lere says he likes the breakfast cart because it gives him a little snack to help him get through the day until lunch.  Jayden said that she likes the breakfast cart because when she doesn’t have breakfast in the morning, she can stop by the breakfast cart to get a snack to help her get through the day until lunch. But some other people like Dakotah Hawkins and Emma LaFountain do not like the breakfast cart. Both Emma and Dakotah have lockers along the hall that the breakfast cart is on, but they both have different reasons for why they don’t like it. Dakotah Hawkins says he doesn’t like it because of the long line and how the breakfast cart makes him late to class. Emma LaFountain says she doesn’t like the breakfast cart because it is always crowded and there is no room for her to walk to her class and be on time.

In conclusion, the breakfast cart can be a good thing but it is also starting to become a problem. Kids aren’t getting to class on time, they are noisily eating and distracting other during class with the food, and the long line which is preventing people from getting to class on time.