Ditch the Glitch

Anne Hayden Hall, Contributor

Students need to take care of their Chromebook so it will function properly and help them learn. The Chromebooks have been a great opportunity for students to learn in different ways. But The Chromebooks can only be successful if students do their part and help take care of them. Ms. Sluder gave some great tips for students to keep in mind:

1. Make sure your Chromebook is closed all the way when you are carrying it because if it is open and you drop it, the screen is more likely to crack.
  2. Be sure to check the extensions on your Chromebook because as fun as some of the games that you download like Doodle Jump or 2048 are, extensions can also do things to your computer that you don’t want. Be sure to delete any extensions that you do not use.
  3. All students need to make sure they are charging their Chromebooks every night and bringing it to school every day. A Chromebook is useless if it is dead or at home.
  4. You also need to make sure that you are always updating your computer. These updates can help ensure that your Chromebook is functioning properly.
  5. A common problem is that students have lost track of their Chromebooks. These problems usually occur when Chromebooks are left in the hallway. The safest places to keep your computer are with you, in your locker, or in your bookbag.
  6. One thing about Chromebooks that most students do not know is that you can use the touchpad to zoom in and see things better.
  7. Completely shut down your Chromebook regularly, this is the time when your computer is installing updates.
  8. Be gentle with your Chromebook. The hinge covers come off very easily. If they do come off they are fairly easy to snap back into place without help.

Chromebooks are a fun and useful privilege that need to be taken care of. They have allowed students to learn and thrive in unique ways. Using these tips your Chromebook will help keep it in good condition for a long time.

Ditch the Glitch