The Student Council Association

Taylor Berenbaum, Contributor

At our school, students are fortunate enough to have plenty of clubs for all grade levels to take part in. One of these clubs is the Student Council Association, also known as SCA. The club is lead by 8th-grade teacher Ms. Tobasco, along with the help of 7th and 8th-grade students. “SCA is a group for people who want to give back to the community and school that has given us so much.”

SCA members take on the responsibility of flags, as well as the morning announcements. The club meetings are on Thursdays at 8 am before school. Members also have the opportunity to go on field trips year-round that give back to our community in some way. SCA helps with sixth-grade orientation, as well as creating fundraisers to support our school.

In an interview, Ms. Tobasco expressed her thoughts on the topic:

“I love being able to see students grow into leaders and role models. Our best ideas always come from the members!”

Sound up your ally? The Student Council Association is a group for leaders and role models. Students who want to participate in giving back are free to join!

SCA is an opportunity for us students to develop leadership skills and take on the responsibility of being a role model. A leader stands out from the crowd, motivates and inspires others to make better decisions, and is a light in the dark.

The Student Council Association